Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DAY 5

Day 5

(October 8, 2010)

 

Today, I went on a company visit to TTI (Telecom Training Institute) and MMDA (Metropolitan Manila Development Authority).

            Arriving at TTI, we immediately went to their laboratory and had a discussion and tour. After the tour, we immediately went to MMDA. MMDA’s office was located at Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA) corner Orense Street, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati Philippines. The MMDA performs planning, monitoring and coordinative functions, and in the process exercise regulatory and supervisory authority over the delivery of metro-wide services within Metro Manila without diminution of the autonomy of the local government units concerning purely local matters. We went to their servers and had a discussion about how does it work. After that, we went to their monitoring area. They gave us information and overview as to how things work in the monitoring area.

 

What I have learned?

TTI

I have learned that they have very expensive tools. Though it looks simple and cheap, it already cost thousands of pesos. I have also learned how to remove the jacket of a fiber optics.

 

MMDA

I have learned that they can still monitor the areas affected by storms. They do the monitoring 24/7, seven times a week.

 

What I liked?

TTI

I liked how their representative generously shared his knowledge even though he had noticed that most of the students were not listening.

 

MMDA

            I like the videos that they have shown us. It was a recorded clip that they have seen from the CCTV cameras. They have shown us several videos of street accidents.

 

What I didn’t like?

TTI

            Everyone was complaining about the place and lack of proper ventilation and air condition.

 

MMDA

            As far as I concerned, I had nothing to complain about MMDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment