Sunday, October 24, 2010

DAY 1

Day 1
(October 4, 2010)

Today, I went on a company visit to Bayantel after we had our lunch at Jade Valley.
An employee from Bayantel gave a little overview and a video clip about what their company can offer to their clients and future clients. After that, he showed us his presentation about the background and history of their company.

What I learned?
With the presentation that they had given us, I have learned that they have a larger number of clients in Visayas and Mindanao than in Luzon. And the owners of Bayantel are the Lopez group.
I have noticed that they were using packet tracer-like software which they use to monitor their service connection. They have a separate “team” or group of employees which monitors and maintains the service connection.

What I liked?
What I liked about this company visit was the part where they showed us a part of the other room where the monitoring teams were working.

What I didn’t like?
I do not like the place where we were gathered. The room was too small to cater us. A conference room cannot cater more than forty students. I also don’t like the topic that they presented us. It was not that interesting.
I guess these were some factors why most of my classmates were not listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment