Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 3

Day 3

(October 6, 2010)

Today, I went to an institution located inside UP Diliman campus which was the Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI). They had presented us several projects that they had made. Most of their projects were more on the hardware works except for one, the Linux Bayanihan Operating System. Linux Bayanihan is not that new to me. I already had an experience of using this when we had our presentation in our subject Operating Systems. We were lucky to meet, greet, and ask several questions to the programmers, creators, and developers of the Linux Bayanihan.

After visiting the Advance Science and Technology Institute (ASTI), we went directly to the SSS or the Social Security System. They showed us a brief presentation as to how they protect and secure the files and information that they have. After the presentation and distribution of unexpected snacksJ, they divided us into groups for the tour. They also showed us the machines that they were using before and machines that they were currently using. Also, they showed us how they track and check dual or multiple or even false identities for the SSS “accounts”.

What have I learned?

SSS

I have learned that they may not have the most

What I like?

SSS

What I like about the tour at SSS was their warm welcome and everyone was very approachable. They even prepared a snack which we did not expect. And I like that they showed us how they check whether an SSS member has a multiple account and/or illegal accounts, and/or has false identities.

ASTI

What I like about visiting ASTI was we were able to meet and greet the developers and programmers of the Linux Bayanihan Operating System. They were very open for questions about the OS. They even approached personally our classmate Irwin because he had a question about the OS, and they wanted to help him solve the glitches or problems that he had encountered with using the Linux Bayanihan Operating System.

What I didn’t like?

I don’t have any problem with the company visits for this day except for the fever that I had, and the unlikable situations that I had encountered with a group of evening students.


No comments:

Post a Comment