Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DAY 4

Day 4

(October 7, 2010)

           

            The only company that we had visited was Hitachi. Yesterday, we were already instructed by our tour guides to wear closed shoes for this day because it is part of the protocol of Hitachi.

            Reaching the parameter of Hitachi, we were instructed by the security guard of Hitachi not to take any picture. As we enter their building, the information desk instructed us to wear shoe cover and a visitor’s ID. A human resource discussed to us what Hitachi GST was producing. Hitachi GST is the only producer of sliders world wide. A head slider reads and writes data to the hard disks.

 

What I have learned?

            I have learned that Hitachi GST prefers female workers than male workers because women has a softer touch than men. I have also learned that the main material of a magnetic slider is a wafer. I have also learned that Hitachi is the only producer of sliders. Though sliders are very small, they still have a unique seven digit combination for each sides of the slider.

 

What I liked?

            What I liked with visiting Hitachi was the tour around the manufacturing area. And the video animation that they had shown us to explain how the magnetic slider works.

 

What I didn’t like?

            I have nothing to complain in our visit to Hitachi GST.

No comments:

Post a Comment